Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 82, February 28, 2017

Area:  Kenosha

Companion:  Elder Whimpey

Date:  February 28, 2017

Well this was a good week nothing to crazy happened for us. We have a lot of good potential people we are working with and we have a few on date but we really need to help them progress more. It was sad we found this guy named Dorian who is so cool and so ready to hear the Gospel. He listened to us the first time and he said we could come back and we did and he actually remembered our appointment! We had such a good lesson with him and he accepted a date and everything and then we went back and taught his wife who was super awesome also and put her on the same date! So ya we were pumped and thought for sure they were getting baptized! Then we texted them to remind them about church and he dropped us. We are pretty sure someone showed him anti or like said something to him, it is all good though we are gonna go back and talk to him!

   Something a little less depressing haha we had a dinner with this Part member family and after dinner they really wanted to sing hymns. I was super nervous because those of you who know me I cannot sing and then you go ahead and  put it in Spanish and the game is over. Well we started and let me tell you angles were with us like we sounded so good Elder Whimpey will back me up on this one like I was blown away haha! The spirit was super strong it was really cool! 

  Some sweet news we are having an apostle come to our mission, President Nelson is the one coming! He is coming on March 11th but he is here to do something with the Madison stake I think so we only get him for 2 hours but I am so excited! We are having the whole mission together which is crazy I hope no one does anything dumb. We get to shake his hand so I will tell you all how it goes haha! 

Elder Whimpey and I also had the opportunity to teach the youth in the branch. The Young Mens President really wanted us to help the boys go on a mission because there are some who are really invested in sports and he wants them to go on a mission first so it was really fun to tell our stories and what not. I hope the kids go they will not regret it! 

A verse that I read the other day and love is in Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
 I love it because we truly can forget the past because of our Savior Jesus Christ and be able to reach for the things that are in the future. My future has changed and I am reaching for different things now. I am so grateful for this Gospel it has changed my life! I love you all! I hope you have a great week! 

Love,
Elder DeSantis


No comments:

Post a Comment