Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 80, February 13, 2017

Area:  Kenosha

Companion:  Elder Whimpey

Date:  February 13, 2017

Hey everyone holy cow this week was so good! So many amazing things happened we saw so much success. So I will first tell you about my area. I am in Kenosha which is pretty ghetto but I love it! I am in a Spanish Branch so spanish here we come! I am so glad to be back with Hispanics I love them so much like when I see them I just feel like we are just best friends already ah they are awesome! 

Well on to the things that happened this week so I will start with Kealey even though she isn't in my area anymore but she is getting baptized this Saturday! We are driving up to MKE and going to her baptism! I am baptizing her so I am so excited ah it will be so amazing! Then also we are working with the Mendoza family who have a baptismal date for March 4th. It may be pushed back so that the husband can join them if he is willing. It was so cool so elder Whimpey and I had no clue why she was so sad and we were praying to find out why. So we had a lesson and we didn't have too much of a game plan but to find her need and teach to it so we walked in and got talking and asked her questions and one thing lead to another and she just broke down and told us all the problems! Ah it is so cool how the spirit will make these things possible! We were able to give her a blessing of comfort and she just bawled through all of it such a neat experience! 

We also got in with the Part-member family last night it was so cool they are both converts and they were super strong in the church. He was the branch mission leader for a while and he loved it but for some reason about a year ago they just stopped coming, no one knows why. So we got in and had a great lesson and they invited us back to have dinner with them! We still have no idea why but I know we will find out soon! 

So ya the mission is honestly just so fun right now, the Lord has blessed me so much recently with helping me with everything in my life and when I say everything I mean everything! He has made things back home work for me and has helped me see how my life will pan out for the next few years. The Lord is amazing and He is in control which I am so grateful for. I truly know that when you put the Lord first doors will open that you may have never seen or even thought of! 

So for my spiritual thought today it comes from one of my studies this week. I was reading in Galatians 5 and verse 16 really stuck out to me and it says "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh." To me the lust of the flesh is anything pertaining to things that are unrighteous. So Paul invites us to walk in the spirit and then the later promise of what will happen is found in verse 22-23 " 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.' If one walks in the spirit they will have these things listed in verse 22 and 23. I pray that I may always walk in the spirit! I am so grateful for the Spirit and for all it teaches me! 

Love Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment