Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 62, October 10, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  October 10. 2016

So this past week was amazing we saw so many miracles The work is really picking up! So a young woman in one of our wards saw a friend of hers post something about our church so she decided to act on that and talk to him at school about it! She found out he has been looking for a church to go to so she invited him and he came. He loved it so much he went home and told his mom that he "felt at home" when he came and that everybody was so welcoming! We were able to get his contact information and we went taught his whole family he has two brothers one is 9 and the other is 15 and then is Mom. It is so nice to be teaching families again and to help them come closer! His mom asked me such a heart felt question she asked "How does your church feel about broken families cause as you can see we are missing someone in this family." They are going through a divorce right now but the mom is very strong! It was so good to be able to say we love broken families in this church because it gives us a chance to come together and build it back up! When we come to the Lord with a broken heart that allows the Saviors Atonement to fill in the cracks and make us whole! This family is awesome and Jackson (the kid who came to church) is so awesome and really wants to get baptized! We are working with others as well Jake is a YSA kid who was dating a member and then came to church and liked it so we are teaching him now and he read all of 1 nehpi in a week so he has a date now for November 5th and Kealey is still working towards her date ah man just so many good things going on right now we are so excited to see all that comes from it! We have a lot of work to do which is nice! This week we also had MLC a meeting with all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders and President and during a training we were give the spirit was so strong it was so cool! We talked about having Joy in this work and making Christ the center of each companionship! So many amazing things were said! I also heard Olivia got baptized this last Saturday that is so amazing to hear ah those two missionaries have no idea what they did for our family! 

Well for this spiritual message it comes from C.S Lewis I heard this quote and thought it was amazing it says "Christ says, "Give me All. I don't want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good...Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked--the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours." I hope I can give my all to the Savior my everything! I know he wants us all do to that because when we do that he can make us into who he wants for us! I love you all I hope you are doing good keep close to the Lord all things become possible! 

Love Elder DeSantis

sorry I didn't take any pictures this week

No comments:

Post a Comment