Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 73, December 26, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  December 26, 2016

Hello everyone it was good to talk to a lot of you I especially enjoyed the part where baby Holly just took the phone and stared at me haha she is super cute! It is crazy to see how big all of my nieces and nephews are. Honestly it scares me how much they have changed I always say that would know who I am when I go home, but truth be told I probably wont know who is who when I get home!

So I feel as though all of you know what I did this week but I will do a little recap for all of you. So the day before Christmas the office couple took us out to Chef Paz a new Peruvian restaurant that was super good. Might not have been the most authentic Peruvian food because a lot of them are from Mexico haha. Still really good though! Christmas Eve we went to a Part member family for lunch. The father isn't a member, but he is a guy pretty high up for Mexico. He has the position which is called the consulate for Mexico. They are a funny family very Hispanic so that was really fun! Then we had dinner with the Lewis family ah man such a fun family they have 4 little boys all under the age of 11 so we played games and what not with them. 

Christmas day we headed to our Bishops place for lunch after church. They are an awesome family as well they were Jewish or at least his wife was before they converted so that is pretty sweet! Then we went to the Fishers ah man love this family super funny and fun family, we played some minute to win it games with them, if you are wondering we won them all no big deal. 

Well my spiritual thought today is something that I have been struggling with and that is always doing the Lords will. I try my best to do his will, but there are times where I am too scared or think I know better. Every time I do that I am left feeling alone not because He has abandoned me, but that I have left him. When we do the Lords will we wont always know what is going to happen, and it is ok we don't have to know everything. I know that the times I have done his will I have just felt so much peace and excitement in my life! The difference in doing your will and the Lords is tangible! I am so grateful the Lord and for the guidance he gives me in my life! I love you all so much! 

Elder DeSantis



No comments:

Post a Comment