Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 63, October 17, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  October 17, 2016

Man this week was great we saw so much success and miracles! Our area right now is doing so good. We have set 4 baptismal dates with our investigators and they are all super solid! Kealey is doing really good she has a lot of great things happen with her and she has had a lot of really powerful prayers! She is so awesome haha she is so funny she honestly is part of the ward already she was the MC for the Talent show we had for our YSA ward! The talent show was so fun elder Lee and I did a little skit haha sounds pretty dumb when I explain it but, I don't think it was that bad but we did like a role play thing and I rejected him saying he couldn't come in but then he started beat boxing and he is pretty good at it so ya like I said sounds really dumb but it wasn't too bad haha! So we also have dates with Derrick, Jake and Nathan and they are all doing really good we had 4 investigators show up to church which is always so nice! Haha real quick back to kealey we had dinner with her and a family after church and she was like "You guys had a lot of investigators at church today!" I was like "Ya Kealey and you are one of them haha" like I said she is already a member and just has to tell her parents still and then she will be baptized! She is just supper scared because her parents told her if she joins she will have no support from anyone in the family so pray for her! So I have such a crazy story to tell about so here it goes, Elder Lee and I were street contacting at Marquette campus and we had been there for awhile just talking to people and it was getting pretty late and so were gonna leave soon. I tried talking to these college kids walking and they just ignored me and so I turned around and there were a couple more guys tried talking to them and same thing happened they just kept on walking haha so ya pretty awkward at this point but oh well missionary work is always awkward. Then I turn around again and I saw these two kids and said " hey what about you guys can I give you this card?" They took it but started to walk away but I kept asking them questions so they stopped and kinda talked to me and I noticed he had a Marquette soccer shirt on and I asked if he plays for them and he does. Then I asked what club he played for which is weird cause I usually never do that but he said "Fire" so I asked the academy and he was like ya so then I for some reason said sweet I almost went to the Real Academy which is also weird cause I have never said that but, his friend looks at me and is like "really? I played there and I play goalie!" So we get to talking and man we knew so many of the same people it was so crazy haha we were both shocked. He looked super familiar I am pretty sure we may have trained together we talked about Nacho and some other kids we played so ya that was super crazy to connect with someone like that but, because of that he opened up a lot and he is willing to meet with us! So ya small small world! So ya things are going for us! 

So today my message comes from 1 John 3:2 it says "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."  Our purpose right now in this life is to become like him as much as possible so that when he comes we will be like him. Change is such an amazing thing I love progressing and becoming better everyday I hope I can do it in all aspects of my life I never want to just stay where I am at and I don't think anyone should! It takes a lot of sincere prayer and scripture reading to become better each day but, it is something we can all do! I am so grateful for the time I have to be a missionary and to meet such amazing people it is all worth it! I love this church I love this Gospel and I know it is all true I know this because I have felt God telling me it is true! I hope you are all doing good I would love to hear from you all! Have a good week!

Elder DeSantis 

No comments:

Post a Comment