Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 66, November 7, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  November 7, 2016


Ok so I just want to apologize right now for this email because this week was crazy busy with not the funniest things, but I will see what I can do to make it interesting. So our investigator Derrick is doing better, he is the one whose parents were feeding him anti stuff and telling him how awful we are, but he just told them that is all wrong! He is awesome he really wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true he said that is the only thing he needs to figure out and if he can know that then he will get baptized on the 26th of November! It was awesome though we had a lesson at a members house with him and he said the closing prayer and in it he asked if the Book of Mormon was true and he stopped praying for a a minute and just sat there ah man the spirit was super strong in that moment! So he is getting closer and closer to his answer! 

Cool little thing happened so I asked my mom to order me some new glasses and she did because she is he best, but the night before they came I was cleaning my old ones and as I was doing that they just snapped in half haha so weird! Luckily my new ones came the next day! 

I have been doing a lot of pondering about a lot of things but one thing I really thought about is the Atonement. One thing I struggled with a little bit is truly letting go of the past and letting the atonement cleanse me each day. I had a little analogy that I came up with that helped me realize what I was doing wrong. So when one sins it is like he adding a piece to the chain, slowly this chain starts to grow bigger and bigger and wrap around our hands and arms and body till we feel so weighed down and at the end of the chain there is a lock that preventing it from all falling off. The only way to unlock this to allow the chains to drop is by using the Atonement and once the lock is taken off the chains can fall off. Well even when the lock is off sometimes the chains stay not because the atonement didn't work but we refused to let them go. I have come to know now that when we usually the atonement we just need to drop all that is holding us down let the chains go and move forward. The atonement truly cleanse us from sins we don't have anything lingering well God holds nothing over our heads that we have repented of, the only ones who do that is ourselves! 
Isaiah 1"18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool".
Mosiah 14:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, hewas bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

The Atonement is REAL we can all become clean and white because of the blood he shed for us!
I love you all hope you have a good week! 

Love Elder DeSantis 




No comments:

Post a Comment