Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 72, December 19, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  December 19, 2016

That famous quote up there is what our investigator said, let me tell you all yes the air truly hurts your face here haha! So ya update on what is going on here, it has snowed a bunch here which is super fun. For some reason though after snow falls here it the temperature drops super low so it has been super cold. So when we are tracting people keep telling us "it is really cold you should go inside." Thanks people for the advice maybe you can let me into your home haha! 

Update with our investigators so Derrick is doing ok I guess he just left back home for college break which is a whole month so that is sad but he said he would read every day hopefully he does! Jackson also is doing good he really wants to be baptized, but we can rarely meet with him, but we did have a good lesson with him at our Bishops house! Alright we need you all to pray for Nathan he is super awesome, but he has two things holding him from being baptized, first thing is he needs someone to take his lease in his apartment so he can move out! The next is he needs to find a new Job that doesn't make him work on Sunday. If these happen he will be baptized for sure! In one of our lessons with him we asked "Nathan why do you want to be baptized?" he responded "well I feel like I am reading an unfinished book, I need to make that convent with God to complete the book!" I thought that was such a good answer! 

We also picked up the new missionaries from the airport this week which is always fun, they seem like a good new bunch! We also sent home the old missionaries done with their mission it was pretty fun they are awesome missionaries and we will really miss them all! 

So something that has been on my mind a lot recently is why we haven't seen any success here. I have felt like we have been working pretty hard and I have felt like we are trying to be exactly obedient. I just kinda wondered why no one was getting baptized. So I was reading one morning and I read in Jacob 5. There was a verse that really stuck out to me, so in this chapter it is talking about the Lords vineyard and working in it.
 One verse really stuck out to me "71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come."

So as I read this it invites me or I guess us missionaries to labor with our might, I feel as though I am doing my best to do that. What I love about this though is it says that "you shall have joy" it finally hit me last night. We knocked on this ladies door and she was nice enough to just listen for a little bit in the cold, but she kept asking "why are you out here in the cold doing this?" I finalltold her "it is because we know it is true, the message we have is true and changes lives." When I said that the joy that came into my almost frozen heart was so real that I knew that was the success I needed to feel! I love you all so much I know that this church is true. I am so excited for this Christmas I truly grow closer to my savior each time. I hope we all remember Christ at this time of year!

Love Elder DeSantis







No comments:

Post a Comment