Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 61, October 3, 2016

Area:

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date: October 2, 2016

This week I got my new companion Elder Lee he is from Modesto California he went to BYU for a year before coming out. He is super awesome and we get along great I am excited to see the success that will happen. Also another perk is that he was called Spanish speaking so we can have some conversations in Spanish so we don't lose it completely. Well the people we are working with are doing good! Kealey is awesome still and we had a good lesson with her pretty amazing how the spirit works through our studies because everything elder Lee and I studied that morning was needed for kealey to hear. I will share later on what it was. After leaving there she texted us and said "just so you know I am thinking of Nov. 5th for a baptismal date." how cool is that our investigator set her own date. Kealey watched all a lot of the conferences and she said 3 out of her 5 questions were answered so we are making great progress! Keep praying for her. Then we had a lesson with Derrick he is doing good sadly he couldn't make it to conference because he headed back home for the weekend and missed all the sessions. I truly loved conference it was such an spiritual experience. I am so glad we are lead by an amazing Prophet Thomas S. Monson,  The First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve. I know these men are called of God. 

One thing that really stood out to me at conference was something that we taught to our investigator the day before conference which was, putting what you know into your heart and believing them. It is hard to think that we know things but don't believe them but, it is true some things we know but don't do them so in other words we don't believe them. Until we can put all that we know in our hearts and allow God help us believe them that is when we will feel changed and the desire to do God's will for us. I know that our Savior lives and that His Atonement is real and that we are all invited to partake of the wonderful feeling of Repentance. I love you all so much and for the support I have felt!! Have a great week!

Love Elder DeSantis


No comments:

Post a Comment