Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 69, November 28, 2016

Area:  

Companion:  Elder Lee

Date:  November 28, 2016

Hey family how are you, I hope your week was good with Thanksgiving and shopping! Kinda funny oh the day we are Thankful for the things we have we go out shopping for more things haha I don't mean to say that to make you feel bad just thought it was funny. 
 
 So my Thanksgiving was good I spent part of it down in Kenosha with Elder Whimpey, love that kid! We played in the Turkey Bowl in the morning so that was super fun, but after we can back and changed and what not. The night before we were praying on where we should go, and we both came up with an area close to each other so we went there and we prayed specifically to find a family of 6! Well I should say Elder Whimpey prayed for that in our comp prayer and so the night before I prayed that I could have the faith like Elder Whimpey to find this family. Well story goes on to and we went tracting wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and what not, but we finally get to this one door. A man opens it and he is huge like 6' 5" and just a big man like strong type of big. We get to talking to the guy and he is just so nice and has great faith in Christ. We finishing teaching him the whole restoration and invited him to be baptized and he said he would be if he knew the Book of Mormon was true! Then before I leave I ask him how many kids he has get this he said "4 plus me and my wife!" We were just so shocked, ah it was sooo cool! The Lord will put us where he needs us! 

 This week we also had Thanksgiving with two families from the ward. We had a lunch with one family and then dinner with the other they were both great! We also had an awesome lesson last night with the super Catholic family and when I say super Catholic I am serious. Like this man goes to mass 5 times a week and his brother is Priest and Sister is a Nun so ya Catholic blood! We brought this member with us who knows the Gospel super well and it went really well, but one thing he said really stuck out to me. He said "You know what makes you guys so compelling is your presence." This man who is like 45 to 50 and is a lawyer and makes good money is telling us that "our presence is compelling" us 19 year old kids, how crazy is that! So that was an awesome experience to have! 

 So for the spiritual message it comes from our Bishop in the YSA ward during ward council he said something that really stuck with me. He said "Life for us is to do the right thing, for the right reason." I thought that was awesome, so true we are here to make righteous decisions and our ulitmate goal is to do them out of love for God! It is a process but it is one that I have felt happen within myself, you truly do start to do things because you love God. I love you all so  much and I am so grateful for all you have given me! 

Love Elder DeSantis



No comments:

Post a Comment