Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Week 81, February 20, 2017

Area:  Kenosha

Companion:  Elder Whimpey

Date:  February 20, 2017

Ah well I don't even know where to begin with this week. Everything is going so good! The Lord really is blessing me so much and I have no clue why but I am not complaining at all haha! So this week I will be signing to play for Westminster which is super amazing and I am grateful for the opportunity to keep my dream alive! 

So the main part of my email today will be about Kealey and her baptism. I can't even put to words how amazing that was to be able to be a part of that. I am so proud of Kealey this is something she wanted to do for such a long time but with a lot of opposition from her family it took a little longer. I do love the Lords timing though, I know that this was exactly when it needed to be so that she could be as confident as she is about her decision and so that Jordan the member could baptize her! I had the opportunity to be able to teach the Restoration with elder whimpey while Kealey and Jordan changed. I don't know what happened but I felt the spirit so strongly in that moment. I felt the love that our Savior has for everyone so much in that moment! I also reflected on how much this message has changed my life and now many others!
 I got this text from Kealey after her baptism and it is a text that every missionary in the world wants to hear she said "Thank you for being by my side throughout everything. Thank you for not letting me quit even when I really wanted to.Thank you for believing in me and teaching me that I can do hard things. I'll quit texting you sappy things now. Just know that you've changed my eternity. Sleep in peace tonight knowing that you have surely been doing what you were called to do. You've made your mark on Wisconsin but selfishly I'm just really thankful you were my missionary." 

This text honestly has helped me so much know that I am doing what the Lord has called me to do. The story of Kealey is one I will never forget and one I will cherish for the rest of my  life! I love this Gospel so much I know it is true. I know our Savior loves us each so much. Remember the saying I said before I left on my mission "I am giving up something I love for someone I love." I thought that the someone was just the Savior but now I have come to find out it is everyone I meet in Wisconsin! I am so grateful for my mission it has changed and is currently changing and shaping my life. 

I hope you all have a great week and can feel the Lords love! I love you all!

Elder DeSantis








No comments:

Post a Comment