Sunday, February 28, 2016

February 26, Special letter about Grandpa Hugh Hogle

Well everyone I have had special permission from my Mission President to come and write my thoughts and feels to everyone. As I have recently found out about grandpa and his passing I pondered on what to think, say and do. I first want to talk about the man grandpa was I have never met a more grateful man in my life. He taught us all that the small things we do for people mean so much no matter what it is and it is because the small things for us were huge to him. I will never forget those words after I helped him with anything "Thank you very much I apperciate it." My grandpa also taught me patience I wish I was a better person and I wish I served him out of love more then obiligation but I will also remember these words from him "HEY come ear!" There were times I wanted to act like I wasn't there and there are times when I probably did but now I just wish I could hear him say those words to me again but I know one day He will but, this time I will be happy to do it! I know grandpa had an impacted many people in his work or in just his acts of love he did for people he was one to always think of others whenever they are in times of need. The world has lost a great man but the mormies he left us will forever be with us and as we know through this Gospel this is not the end. This morning my studies were focused on Grandpa as I read and found scriptures that may brings us comfort and joy. This first one I found is what I believe grandpa became while here on earth Mosiah 3:19 " becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." he has developed all those attributes fouond in the verse and that is why I thought of him. The next is Alma 40:  23 "The soul shall be restored to the body, and the body to the soul; yea, and every limb and joint shall be restored to its body; yea, even a hair of the head shall not be lost; but all things shall be restored to their proper and perfect frame." I know from pictures and many stories that grandpa loved adventures and just the out doors but sadly for the last 21 years of his life that was some what taken away from but, I know with my whole heart that grandpa will be restored to his perfect frame and that he is going to do all those things he loved to do and this is because of the loving Savior that we all have He took upon him the sins of the world the pains of the world and broke the bands of death so that we may all live. As found in Luke 24  36" ¶And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you" may we all have that "Peace" because he lives because he has imprinted us on his hands and feet let those scares engulf our saddness let the Lord bring us up. I know that families are forever and I know that Grandpa is right now learning about this Gospel and hopping that we all stay faithful to the end so that we may live with him forever! I love you Grandpa you can finally rest in peace now. I love you all so much and for any of you who neeed comfort I invite you to read Alma 7;11-12 and then to pray for strength and comfort, my prayers are for you all and I love you so much! 
Love Elder William Hogle DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment