Saturday, February 13, 2016

Week 27, February 8, 2016

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Companion:  Elder Christofferson

Date:  February 8, 2016

Hey everyone,
 Well this week was good we had Stake Conference we had someone from the 70 come and speak to us his name is Elder Anderson he gave a talk a couple of conferences ago about dancing to the music. His talks were really good and helped me know what I need to be doing better. Well the story of the week comes from our service at the Wild life Sanctuary, we were feeding all the birds and we got to feed this Bald Eagle which is super cool but, the head guy there told us we need to clean her perch thing she sits on and so we started cleaning it and oh my gosh the smell from that thing was just awful. It took all my will power to not throw up we were scraping the grossest stuff off. We took turns switching off cause we were gagging so that was fun. Well some information on our investigators our most promising ones are Eric and his family and Lauren and Nicholas. Lauren and Nicholas want to be baptized but their mom wont let them cause of her ex husband who is a member and she just has hard feelings against him so we are trying to get this lady to soften up her heart so pray for us for that cause if that happens then they will be baptized! Nothing else really too new we had a huge storm though that gave us like a foot and a half of snow.
 My message today comes from something that happened last Monday after emailing when we went and bought groceries. My companion and I were in Walmart and this older lady comes up to us thinking we work there and ask us where the tomato sauce is and luckily we had just been in the isle where it was so we were able to tell her. Some may say this isn't really service to someone but we could have responded differently but we know we represent the lord every where we go so we decided to help this lady and while doing it some other lady by us saw us do that and knowing we aren't workers jokingly says "do you know where the corn flakes are?" We tried helping her find them but what I am getting at is in John 13:34-34 says  "34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all menknow that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." This lady new we were Disciples of Christ because of our actions ya I know we have badges on but they would mean nothing if we didn't represent him always, she could see the love we showed for that women. So my message today isn't to say how great we are cause no I know I have a lot to work on but, it is to tell you that a true follower of Christ shows love, patience, and humility to everyone not just those we know or love but everyone because that is what Christ did! I love you all hope your week is great!
Amor Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment