Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 24, January 18, 2016

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Companion:  Elder Christofferson

Date:  January 18, 2016

Well everyone I feel awful because I haven't rewritten a good email home in for ever, I really felt so bad about not telling you anything new so I promise I will write my big one first so I always write a good one home! Well whats new with me well first off I have a new companion his name is Elder Christofferson super chill kids we get a long great he has only been on his mission for about 4 months so its two young guys trying to speak Spanish. He is from Ogden. I am now serving on the West side of the river in Green Bay instead of the East side. The west side does not have very many Hispanics so its like hunting we have to be sneaky in finding them because white people are not too friendly here especially when it is in the negatives -oh ya the temperature is dropping fast, if you take a deep breath through your nose the hairs freeze pretty crazy. When you are walking the wind freezes your muscles in your face. The wind is called Artic wind so you know.... they say if any skin that is not covered will get frost bit in 20 minutes of being out side don't worry though that is only if the Lord isn't protecting you.

 So little funny story I will share is me and Elder Christofferson where teaching this guy Christian and we were talking about Joseph Smith and who is he and what he did for us and so we started to show the Restoration video which is like 20 minutes because we think he is more of a visual learner -not the brightest of the bunch- but, anyways we just started it and someone comes knockin on the door and so we pause it and he goes and opens it and this guy is trying to sell him this weird lookin seat thing that can also be turned into a basket it was only 20 bucks if you're wondering which is a great deal I guess. Our investigator Christian is all for it, he ask the guy if he wants to come in and pray with us and watch a movie, hahah so weird so this black guy Charles sits down and so we tell him what we are watching and we started it with him also. The guy loved it haha so we referred him to the English Elders. Well ya that is life here baby. I love you all thanks for your emails!!

Amor Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment