Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Week 26, February 1, 2016

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Companion:  Elder Christofferson

Date:  February 1, 2016

Well everyone another week down this was a little rough week with missionary week. Elder Christofferson and I are trying though so thats good. We have been tracting a lot because our investigators just don't want to meet with us. This week is really boring to write home about, funny story though we were driving out to find these less active members and it was way far out in the middle of no-where and the house didn't exist so I turned around, thinking that the snow wasn't too deep but it was so we got stuck real good. I told Elder Christofferson he has to push but that didn't help so we went to the neighbors and they pushed us out so they saved us! Other then that not too much!

I will try and give a good spiritual message sense my weekly update was super boring. So in my Book of Mormon reading I am in Mosiah and I am at the beginning where king Benjamin is giving his address and warning to the people. I love Verses 16-20  16 And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
 17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
 18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
 19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?
 20 And behold, even at this time, ye have been calling on his name, and begging for a remission of your sins. And has he suffered that ye have begged in vain? Nay; he has poured out his Spirit upon you, and has caused that your hearts should be filled with joy, and has caused that your mouths should be stopped that ye could not find utterance, so exceedingly great was your joy.
I love how it says 'that are we not all beggars?' cause it is true we all beg we beg for repentance, blessings, peace, happiness, safety, and love we have all at one point or another asked for these things from our Heavenly Father and has he not given them? I know He has because I know He listens to our prayers, now that we have all received this we must too go and serve others when others are in need extend that hand to them help them get up, be that light to the world. I know we can all make the difference in someones life and if that difference at first needs to be you then do it. I am so glad to be a Missionary in these times and to teach this Gospel because it is TRUE I love you all!

Amor Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment