Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 28, February 15, 2016

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Companion:  Elder Christofferson

Date:  February 15, 2016

Hey everyone, 
 This week well it was not the most eventful one but something that happened is the weather started dropping again so that was fun it got to like -20 this week and man let me tell you when it is that cold any bare skin feels starts to actually feel like it is being sun burnt kinda weird but ya. We are trying to find new investigators so we went tracting for like 7 hours on Wednesday and wow that was a learning experience our patience was tested and grown a lot that day haha I love the people here but thats only a one way thing haha good times on the mission. I am glad that Elder Christofferson get along cause if we didn't this would be a lot harder time but, we just make sure to know that every missionary ever has had hard times. For some good things that happened this week is we have a lot of really good lessons on The Plan of Salvation we had one with some investigators and we were able to set a baptismal date with them super cool people, then we had it with the a less active Luis and I don't how but I always end up learning something new about the Plan of Salvation the Plan is so big and has so much that we can study it our whole life and still not comprehend it all. We had a Valentines Party for our Branch, they got a Mariachi guy to come sing so that was super fun - I wish I could send the video of him but my email wont allow me. We find out transfers this Sunday so I will keep you posted on that. Well on to my spiritual message it comes from Alma 5 this chapter is amazing and there are so many good verses I want to hit on "16 I say unto you, can you imagine to yourselves that ye hear the voice of the Lord, saying unto you, in that day: Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth?" I love how he says "can you imagine.." ah so cool to think of Christ and his arms of mercy extending towards us leading us to the Celestial Kingdom. I just have to say how amazing that would sound and feel you know as missionaries we have that comparison I mean that tiny minuscule comparison for the day we go home and huge our family. It will be that times a billion with our Heavenly Father. So lets all work hard to have our works be good so we can all hear those words one day! It goes on to say in 37  
"..as sheep having no shepherd, notwithstanding a shepherd hath called after you and is still calling after you, but ye will not hearken unto his voice!  38 Behold, I say unto you, that the good shepherd doth call you; yea, and in his own name he doth call you, which is the name of Christ;" At times we may think that God or Christ has abandoned us but in all reality it is us who stops listening to his voice. He is always calling unto to and know that is Atonement is infinite there is nothing that the He didn't suffer for doesn't matter what it is he has felt that and he offers his Atonement to the World - even these stubborn people here in Wisconsin- it is for all who harken unto his voice! Let us all work hard and be able one day to have our Savior, Jesus Christ guide us by the hand into the our mansion! I love you all and I want all of us to make it back!
Love Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment