Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 48, July 4, 2016

Area:  Lake Mills

Companion:  Elder Poulson

Date:  July 4, 2016

Wow well a bunch of stuff to say this week and don't really know where to start but I guess I will start with July 1st we got to meet our new Mission President. I love the man so much already and I am gonna get real close with him I will come back to that. We had a two hour conference with them and they just told us about themselves and they have some pretty funny stories I will share one day. I don't really get how you can feel so much love so fast for someone you barely know but I know they are going to be amazing! It was fun I got to see some missionaries that I served around with in Green Bay so that was really fun! Well nothing really too exciting till Sunday we got the Transfer texts in the morning and found out I was being Transferred but we still didn't know where I was going didn't think I was gonna find out until Monday but, We got a call from my mission President Sunday night and He told me he wants me to be his assistant my reponse was "there are a lot of great missionaries in this mission President...." He replies "this isn't a question it is a request." I have no clue why me I don't have the experience like others do and I feel super unqualified to do this but, I know I will learn so much from this and from President Williams. But if you don't mind throwin something in for me your prays right now that would be awesome haha. Well ya after that I didn't sleep much that night thoughts were going crazy. Then for the 4th of July I just did a lot of saying good bye to members and some investigators I have plenty of pictures to send home now. The hardest good bye was definitely with the Cabrera family. Man I didn't want to let go of Angel when we were hugging and he didn't let me go. To just hearing the words he said to me with tears in his eyes saying "Tu no intendes que ha hecho por mi familia" or in English "You don't understand what you have done for my family." I just told him I better see him in Utah at the Salt Lake Temple! That family will be one I can never forget I hope and pray they will be in my life for the rest of my life! So this week has been so up and down for me never felt this many emotions in such a short amount of time!

 I want to share with something I read this morning that was able to help me feel some peace this morning it is in Roman 8:25 "But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
So you may read this and think well now lets sit and wait well obviously that isn't what we should do because in Ether 12:6 it tells us we don't receive our answer until after the trail of our faith! Right now my faith is being tested I feel so in-adequate and thoughts of doubts are coming into my head that I can not do this but I know that I just need to go and work hard that is all I can do is just work hard for the lord and for my Mission President! I love you all I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July!!

My new Address is 9661 Forest Home Ave. #14 Hales Corner WI 53220

Elder DeSantis 












No comments:

Post a Comment