Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 44, June 6, 2016

Area:  Lake Mills

Companion:  Elder Poulson

Date:  June 6, 2016

Hey guys so some good things happened this week I guess for the begining Elder Pouslon and I still finding a bunch of new Hispanics which is super fun we have some promising ones I was able to give a blessing to one of them which is always a good experience. We also met this lady named Maria and man we just met the lady and she just trusted us with everything about her family she has really been praying for help for her family. I know I have said this before but it is amazing how people just trust these two young kids with such personal things and just open up to us! When they do this it is hard not to grow love for them right away. I hope that all goes well with her and her family. Then Sunday came man that was a spiritual one for me. So Angel Cabrera was able to bless the sacrament sitting up there with him I just thought for a little and realized what an important work he is about to do by breaking and blessing this bread and water. He is doing the exact same thing Jesus Christ did for his Apostles and now this man (Angel) has come so far that he is able to participate in this sacred ordinance. I felt the spirit super strong there and then I asked him after how he felt and he told me that for a moment when he was looking at his hands break the bread he felt so small but what he was doing was such an amazing work it was a work of the lord! This man is incredible and he is growing so much every day! Then that same day we headed to the Luccion's house man I love that family! We just click so well and sister Luccion is a way good cook which is also nice she also makes sure we eat healthy too which doesn't happen too often as missionaries so I love it! I am excited for this upcoming week we will have Spanish conference so all the Spanish missionaries will go to Milwaukee it will be sweet I will see all my old comps including my Trainer so I will be sure to take a lot of pictures! 

So for a little spiritual thing I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Helamen 5 and this verse hit me super hard I sat there and kept re-reading it and just looking at other scriptures that apply to it. So verse 1And he hath power given unto him from the Father to redeem them from their sins because of repentance; therefore he hath sent his angels to declare the tidings of the conditions of repentance, which bringeth unto the power of the Redeemer, unto the salvation of their souls.
 is talking about Christ and how His atonement and this atonement was so hard and so painful that he had to what I believe is receive MORE power from our Heavenly Father to do so on his own. Then it talks about the condition of Repentance or in other words is Accessing power of Atonement. We have to do our part to access the power of the Atonement because Jesus Christ already did his so painful and agonizing part with complete love for all of us. So we are asked to do our part which at times is so hard but it is always worth our Savior suffered for us all we can all call upon his power and help when we can't keep going on our own the Atonement is not only for Reptence but is for those who are in need of more strength more courage more happiness more peace and more love! He can give us this if we allow him! I love you all I hope you have a great week!

Love Elder DeSantis 






No comments:

Post a Comment