Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 40, May 9, 2016




Area:  Lake Mills

Companion:  Elder Lopez

Date:  May 9, 2016

Well it was an amazing week to say the least but also the most stressful week of my life. I felt every single emotion one human can experience I believe. I don't really know how to describe it all but, all I can say is I gave the Cabrera family my whole heart my everything that I have for them and what turned out was amazing! I have never thought about one family so much every second I was thinking of them praying for them that all would turn out. It finally did even though at times I didn't think it was going to happen. I guess that is why the baptism was just so much more amazing for me is because I did give them my all because I know it is true I know that this would bless them more then anything. One of my most spiritual moments came two days before their baptism. Things really hit the fan with them you could say so we asked if they wanted a priesthood blessing and they said yes and asked me to say it. Before that moment I always kinda felt like during priesthood blessings my own thoughts and words got in the way but, this time was completely different the words came out and we all felt the Spirit so strongly I will never forget that moment. Then their baptism was amazing everything went great except the water was a little caliente opps... We had over 100 people there to support them including our President and his wife! I was so nervous to actually baptize someone but it was so fun also! I guess you could say this was a missionaries perfect weekend we baptized a family and then the next day we talked to our mothers what better weekend is there for a missionary. 

For my Spiritual message I want to talk about the following the Spirit because I kinda had an experience that Thomas S. Monson had -not to compare by myself to him at all though- the spirit told me to ask a question and I didn't do it, it then told me again to ask a question and I didn't do it. Then the spirit told my Zone Leader to ask a question and he didn't do it. What came out of it was something that almost cost a family their Salvation their ETERNAL exaltation. God has trusted 18-21 year old boys to have this work but, he didn't leave us a lone he gave us His Spirit to do it that is why this work actually works and so when we don't follow it because we think we are better or smarter or we may be too afraid that is when this work wont work. I will always from now on try my hardest to follow the promptings of the Spirit no matter what it is telling me I will do it! I love you all! I have lots of pictures to send home!

Love Elder DeSantis  



















No comments:

Post a Comment