Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Week 41, May 16, 2016

Area:  Lake Mills

Companion:  Elder Lopez

Date:  May 16, 2016

Hey everyone!
 Well this week for me was kinda slow you could say, probably because last week was just crazy full and full of emotions that this week was just normal. We have really been focusing on Families recently which is super awesome I love it we have a lot of good stuff to use for our approaches and we have seen a lot of success from it! I went on exchanges with Elder Bowers this week super nice kid really like him he came out with me also but he is from Washington (no where near Seattle) but, ya on the exchange we had a lot of fun and a lot of success. Funny little story we were in our Car about to go out and tract and so we wanted to start the exchange with a pray so we were in our car praying and I was saying it and during the pray I hear this "HEY" so I look up while still praying and it was a cop so I put my head back down said a few more things and then ended the pray and rolled my window down. The Cop was like "what are you doing?" I was like "oh we are just missionaries for our church" he said " Oh ok well have you seen any guys with blue back packs going door to do door?" we told him no cause we just got there but he told us if we see them to call the cops so we said we would. Then while he was driving away he was like "sorry for interrupting your prayer good luck!" Haha so ya that was funny but there is more so I guess it isn't too short of a story. Well we just kept knocking on doors and we see this one guy with a huge red beard walking so we said "hey" and he was like "you boys just gettin out of school" we explained and what not and then gave him a pamphlet of the The Family Proc. and he was like "oh you're LDS" man I was shocked nobody calls us LDS it is either Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses, so that was pretty cool but man this guy was crazy no clue what he was saying something about the English language and what not. We had to walk and talk wtih him cause he is "SUPER BUSY" but occasionally he would randomly say "what language are we speaking in?" I said "English"he replies "ok good" so ya guy was crazy and while we were walking we saw a guy with a blue back pack but this guy wouldn't stop talking so we tried to find a time to like stop him but it took forever so by the time we did we couldn't find the guy with a blue back pack. Oh ya the reason we had to walk and talk with the guy is because he was on his way to Israel so ya hopefully he makes it! Wow sorry that was super long story well the rest of my week nothing too much happened but transfers are next week so next time I will tell you if I am leaving, staying or who my new companion is! 

My spiritual message today comes from Alma 26 I read this chapter this morning and it took me forever cause this chapter has a lot of good stuff in it I love this verse in Alma 26: 35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all powerall wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is merciful Being,eveunto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on hiname.
It is so true don't we all have reason to rejoice? Every time I am praying or I guess complaining to God in my prayers about how it is hard and what not I always get lead back to Christ and How this is nothing and that I still have soo much to be grateful and happy for! I have an amazing family who loves me and supports me in all my decisions which some missionaries don't have. I know I have so much and I know we can all find good in these times of hardness! Keep praying Keep having hope in Christ and I promise you all will work out one day! I love you all! Hope your week is great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment