Thursday, May 19, 2016

Week 31, March 7, 2016

Area:  Lake Mills

Companion:  Elder Alatrista

Date:  March 2, 2016

Hey everyone,
 So this week was a good one you could say we have been doing a lot of finding this week cause my president has given us a challenge to teach the first vision twice a day to new peolple, so that takes a lot of knocking doors. Luckily the weather has been good so that makes people more receptive to listen. This area is doing better I guess. I am trying to think of any funny stories to tell I guess this one comes from this old man we knocked on his door and told him we have a message to share about Jesus Christ and he looked at me and said you believe in that bogus? I was like ya we actually do then you called us "a bunch of bone heads" my companion and I just walked away and just started laughing and Elder Lopez is like what does "bone head mean" took me a while to explain to him what it mean in spanish but ya we had a good laugh from that. I think I don't get offended really because Christ tells us that people will ridicule us or call us "Bone Heads" so I just know I must be doing something right cause Christ told us this would happen. I would say this week my testimony of the Book of Mormon and Prophets have grown so much this Gospel just makes too much sense not to be true. Well anyways I have a cool story to tell and so here it goes. This week Elder Lopez and I found this family we is really really struggling right now they are living in a Hotel and it is a Mom and a 18 year old then two boys who are 8 and 10 then two girls who are 11 and 9 the girls are in a foster care cause their mom doesn't have the space or income to have them all. So Elder lopez and I started teaching and talking to them I soon found out that they were out of food till Sunday and it was Friday so we called and we also got them food for that night and then we got members to make them the rest of the meals. Too see the look on the kids face when we brought them food and to hear them just tell you over and over that they are thankful for the food you heart just breaks for them. We have so much and sometimes we just don't open our eyes too see. Keep this family in your prayers they have a lot of stuff to work on and to help them get on there feet is the first one. I shared this scripture with Sara (the mom) in hopes of bring some peace it is found in Mosiah 24 
 "14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."
I know God cares and loves each of us he wants us to be happy and he knows what is best for us in that moment. Put your trust in the lord and never give up pray for help your burdens will be taken from you in His time and His way. I love you all so much! 
Love Elder DeSantis









No comments:

Post a Comment