Sunday, April 3, 2016

Week 32, March 14, 2016

Area:  Lake Mills

Companion: Elder Joaquin Lopez Alatrista

Date:  March 14, 2016

Hey everyone,
 Well this week was good I went on exchanges with the other Elders in my district which was nice cause I went to their area and I like there area a lot they have a lot of cool people over there. In our area though we haven't been able to find much success yet but we keep on trying. We have been able to teach a lot of people the First Vision but they don't allow us to come back or they say "ya come back in a couple of months." Well lady I won't be here in a couple of months so how about in two days I don't say that it like that ya you get the point. This area must be an area of patience for me I have been praying hard for that attribute of Christ and to help me grow each day. The one thing I have noticed about being in this area is my understanding of the who Jesus Christ actually is has deepened so much. There are days when I am studying and I swear that hour we have feels like 2 minutes just because of how much my desire to read has gone up. I love reading the New Testament and then and going and finding the same teaching in the Book of Mormon. My testimony of this is actually the only true church has strengthened immensely. So if that is why I am in this area then that is good enough for me but I hope that there is someone here that needs to hear this message from me! Little cool story is we had one of our investigators randomly show up to church which is weird cause she works every Sunday but what happened is she forgot about the time change so she went into work late and so they got mad and told her to leave so she freaked out and she said the only thing she could think of to do is go to church. So sense she doesn't have a car she started knocking on random peoples doors telling them she is having a bad day and needs a ride to church and so someone gave her one. So it was great to see her there!  Well for my spiritual message it today comes from John 6
 66 ¶From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
 67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
 68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
 69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
This is part is when Jesus is telling his disciples that they must partake of the "Living bread" and they say that it was too hard and that is why they no more walked with Him. We find ourselves when things are get too hard that we don't walk with Christ anymore which is the exact opposite of what we should do as Petter says "to whom shall we go?" There is no where else to go but to Christ in His true Church that is the only path to actual eternal happiness. Also much more joyful is the path to walk with our families whether they be the families we have no or future so do all we can to walk unto Christ! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment