Monday, October 5, 2015

Week 10 October 5, 2015

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Companion:  Elder Alldredge

Date:  October 5, 2015

Whats up everyone,
   Well another day in the books and another good week! Start off with I hope all of you watched conference cause man it was so good and you can have many of your questions answered from the words of the Apostles and the Prophet Thomas S. Monson. But man it truly broke heart watching Thomas S. Monson just give it his all at the end on Sundaymorning and could barely stand at the end ah man I thought he was going down for a second but it was still so good and so powerful. 

  Lets see anything cool or exciting um not this week but next week I have my first Baptism! So that's freaking Sweet! I will for sure send photos from that! Man it will be so exciting ah I cant wait! I think that's all from this week.

  Spiritual time well obviously I am going to be sharing about a talk that I liked and it comes from President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the Priesthood session. It hit me strong cause it made me think about all of our investigators we have. One thing to know is that Hispanics are one of the hardest workers when it comes to their jobs, like they work all day everyday no joke. They also use this excuses for everything. Every time we ask them to read or pray they say they don't have time. In Uchtdorfs talk he talks about laziness and how laziness is from Satan. Even though these Hispanics are some the hardest workers for worldly things, when it comes to spiritual things they don't want to take five minutes out of there day. Now I don't say this to be racist at all because man I love all the Hispanics here and this spiritual laziness applies to all of us. We will work very hard to provide for our family and making sure we have the things we want and things for our kids but when it comes time to working for our family in heaven it all of a sudden becomes something that is too inconvenient. Well I have found that sometimes being someone who is LDS is inconvenient, some inconvenient things in the church is having to go to church for three hours instead of watching the game we want, going on a mission for two years, having to prepare talks lessons ect. These things take time out of our worldly time, but I can promise you that doing these spiritual things is going to be more worth it to you then anything you can do. I leave this invitation with you to take 5 minuets out of your day and read and pray and then just watch the things in your life change watch your life have much more peace and happiness. I am so grateful for this time I am able to give to the lord and learn what it feels like to have true and ever lasting happiness. I love all of you and I love this Gospel! Study the scriptures, ild your testimony and I promise you that you will feel your life become more easy. Cant wait to share with you more next week.



Love Elder DeSantis


The loot from Elder DeSantis' mama

Halloween care package from Elder DeSantis' mama  Inside...Pringles


No comments:

Post a Comment