Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week 3, August 18, 2015

Area: MTC Mexico City

Companion:  Elder Whimpey

Date:  August 18, 2015


Hello everyone I hope everyones week went well! Mine are good but unless its Sunday or P day they all seem the same get up study for 30 minutes then breakfast then study language and BOM for 3 hours then teach then go to lunch then come back then we have Gym and then study more language for about 3 hours and usually teach someone then dinner then we come back and study from 6 to 9! But ya Im learning a lot which is good. 

Let me tell you about this week so the Plague came back to the CCM lucky me and my companion didnt get it. We gave each other blessings so we wouldnt get sick and man it helped. The kids in our room got it bad and were on the toilet every 15 minutes I felt so bad for the guys. Um lets see what else happened oh ya the president of the CCM called me over and I was like oh no this is not good, but dont worry I just got made Usher for all of the devotionals so you could say I moving up in life! Today we got to go to the Temple but this time there was an open house so we went through it -it has been closed for 3 years- it was so beautiful and let me just give you a little testimony of the temple. The temple is truly the Casa de Señor while i was in there the spirit was so strong because I know that one day the people I baptize while go through the temple one day. I give two years of my family so others can be with their family forever. The temple brings families together, thank you mom and for making it possible for our family to be together forever I love you all. But ya take advantage of the temple go as much as you can cause I cant go much! Other then that not to much happened so Ill move on to my spiritual thought.

 I read Moroni 10 the other day and I really enjoyed this verse
"20 Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity."
I like how it says Hope because thats where it all starts. In this church we aren´t asked to have faith right away we are just asked to have hope in Jesus Christ and that hope will turn to Faith but only if that hope is acted on. If we truly seek the lord and pray to know that these things are true then that hope will become a little stronger and then will it become faith then will it become a sure knowledge of this gospel. Then the last verse of the Book of Mormon is killer its Moroni saying his last words
"33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of theblood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.
 I hope one day I can become as faithful as Moroni and know that with out a doubt in my mind will return to with my heavenly father as a perfect resurrected being. This is my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon is true and that it is the Word of God. I know that through Christ all of us can be perfected! Stay strong everyone and thank you for your prayers I LOVE YOU ALL  and more importantly so the does our Heavenly Father! Write more  next week!
Love Elder DeSantis

Elder DeSanis and Elder Whimpey at the Mexico City Temple






No comments:

Post a Comment