Saturday, September 19, 2015

week 7, September 14, 2015

Area:  Green Bay, Wisconsin

Compannion:  Elder Alldredge

Date:  September 14, 2015

Hey everyone,
  Well I am finally here in Wisconsin! My first area is Green Bay and holy cow everyone here is a HUGE Green Bay fan!  Even there garbage cans and fire hydrants are green and yellow. My new companion is Elder Alldredge he has been out for over a year now so he is training me really well. Its nice to finally be teaching real people now. Spanish is still difficult. For some reason find it easier to talk in Spanish then to understand  but I still don't know Spanish. Also there are a lot of different type of Spanish accents here because of all the diversity. Some don't even sound at all the same so that's fun.

  I will tell you about things that have been going on in Green Bay, we are teaching a couple families and its been way fun to teach them. We are teaching a boy named Enrique he is 14 and is getting Baptized on the tenth of October so I cant wait for that I know that will be a really spiritual time! But we taught his family and did a family home evening with them and it was so fun we had all the kids sit there and they listened to us and answered questions and I don't know it just made me feel at home I guess. After that night I realized how good it is to be a missionary cause I felt such true love and joy in that moment. I would tell all of you if you are not doing family night to do them because they will bless your family so much.

   I want talk to you guys about testimonies, testimonies are not enough and I have found that to be true since I have been here. I say this because while being here I have had a lot of doubts. I am embarrassed to say that but it is true. I will be studying or talking to someone in the street and then a doubt will come into my head wondering if any of this is true. These happen not because I don't know this is true because I do know they are true but because I am not fully converted to my savior. I thought I was but found that I haven't. These doubts are what lead people to become inactive because when a doubt comes into their head they all of a sudden question everything, I am lucky that mine has happened on my mission because I just keep learning and praying to know the truth and asking my Father in Heaven if these things are not true, the Moroni 10:3-5 challenge, I have been receiving answers that they are true whether it be by your guys testimony or a feeling. So what I am saying to all of you is to make sure you are converted to lord. I know I will be fine and these doubts will start to go away and I want to leave you guys with my testimony That I know this church is true. I know this because of everything I have in my life, everything I have gone through, every person I have met has always brought me back to this church. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ died for all of us in hopes that we will come unto him and follow and learn from by him. I love this Gospel for every thing it does for me, for all the joy I feel and love I feel from my Heavenly Father. Thank you all for your prayers and for your support I can feel it and I need it! Nos Vemos everyone!

Amor Elder DeSantis

No comments:

Post a Comment